Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Game of the Week
So this week, I want to review a RTS(Real Time Strategy) because I notice that a very old game hasn't been on here yet, and it is one of the best. The original Starcraft, back when the Blade Queen was just about to pop out, she was still human. Starcraft contains 3 races, the Zerg, Protoss, and Terran, which are all at war with each other. The game begins with the arrival of the zerg into the Koprulu Sector and later their invasion of the Protoss home world. The zerg are these insect like creatures that just destroy everything and although they are weak alone, they are the biggest force to be reckoned with in numbers, because of this, the term Zerg Rush was formed because they just, well rush in and completely wipe out all sign of life, the speed of the attack is so fast that it isn't stoppable unless you have your defense at the site they attack. The Terran are the humans in this war, but just because they aren't aliens doesn't mean that they don't pack a punch, I myself prefer Terran only because they have the ability to leave a base and take the "Town Center" with them because the main building can fly! Last but not least the Protoss, another alien race, but they are far more religious then the other races. Most of what they are revolves around defense and expensive strong units. Protoss also have these units that make sheilds, which trap enemies so they can just pick off an army with far less force, but this also means that Protoss are very weak for long periods of time, such as the opening of the game, or fresh off a failed victory. That is all I have to say about Starcraft, I will give it about a 2.5/5 now, but back when it was released I would say a 4/5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment